Nine or fewer years of experience
Ten plus years of experience
Senior executives with
However: Make your
résumé as long as needed to present your skills.
October 20, 2019
RE: Adams and Martin Group (Washington, DC)
Source: Craigslist Advertisement, Posted on October 1, 2019
Dear Sir or Madam:
It is my firm belief that my legal professional experiences and practical skills set as a bilingual, paralegal have prepared me for the responsibilities of a Legal Assistant/Paralegal that will only serve to benefit your immigration law firm, further its initiatives, and deliver exceptional client service.
I have served as the sole administrative legal assistant for a Hispanic organization specializing in immigration law in Alexandria, Virginia for over two years. The organization is a fast-paced work environment, where my responsibilities include meeting clients, taking, creating and maintaining client files, preparing client correspondence and related documentation, and case management. I am familiar with litigation procedures, legal terminology, and the importance of maintaining confidentiality regarding client and organizational matters. As a fluently bilingual assistant, I translate documents from Spanish into English for client cases. Due diligence, time management, strong communication skills, meticulous attention to detail, and the ability to manage multiple tasks independently under tight deadlines are attributes that contribute to excelling in my current position and would translate easily to your position.
In addition to my legal experience, I am currently enrolled in the Prince George Community College Pre-Law, degree program. I consistently apply myself to my professional career and legal studies as a detailed, independent, highly motivated, punctual individual, and positive attitude are fundamental characteristics that contribute to my building a good relationship with both clients and management.
Example of the resume:
852 Main Ridge Drive, Laurel, MD 20707. Tel: 550-550-2558. Email: [email protected]
Seeking an accounting specialist position at an institution to provide support to the account and finance department by applying my knowledge of accounting principles and standards and customer service experience for professionally challenge me.
Bachelor's Degree in Public Accounting
University of El Salvador – San Salvador, El Salvador. June 2007
CPA Preparation, Certificate
Prince George’s Community College- Largo, Maryland. Present
Select Event Group – Laurel, MD March 2019 to Present
· Entry of new employees hire, rehires and terminated employees into ADP system along with maintaining employees’ files
· Process bi-weekly payroll timely and accurately for over 300 employees via ADP system and distribute paychecks
· Review and ensure accuracy of approved timesheets, paid leave, vacation and sick time reporting and maintain bi-weekly payroll expense reports
· Track and deduct all garnishments, benefits withholdings, child support orders, tax levies and other mandatory and voluntary payroll deductions, and perform employment verification
· Process bonus and sales commissions payouts, update pay rate changes and manage tax withholding and direct deposits
· Create and enter bi-weekly payroll general ledger journal entries, reconciliation payroll account and entry into QuickBooks
Select Event Group – Laurel, MD June 2016 to February 2019
· Ensured that the processing of vendor invoices is in accordance with payment terms, adhere to corporate policy regarding approval, coding and timeliness.
· Recorded data of Accounts Payable (cash receipts, vouchers and vendor invoices) into QuickBooks, maintained up to date system, resolve discrepancies and process weekly check batch
· Maintained company cellphones, travel, credits card and utility accounts
· Processed monthly general ledger journal entries and conducted a monthly reconciliation of bank account
· Distributed and write email, correspondence memos, letters, faxes and forms
· Processed delivery, pickups and final invoices for contracts from clients into Alert Easy Pro System
Dollar Tree Store – Silver Spring, MD December 2012 to May 2016
Assistant Store Manager
· Assisted store manager in supervising the store in the day to day activities to meet or exceed store goals
· Managed of cash controls, made daily bank and cash deposits, run daily sales reports and submitted to district manager
· Received and coordinated the unloading of truck with merchandise to ensure all merchandise is accounted for
· Trained other staff members to work as cashiers, shelf stocking, or any other positions as required
· Listened and addressed all customer complaints or concerns to provide excellent customer service
· Manage staff to provide the best customer service and maximize sales by maintaining stocked shelves
Ministry of Treasury of El Salvador – San Salvador, ES May 2005 to November 2012
· Managed petty cash fund while maintaining an orderly accounting filing system in accordance of government regulations
· Verified and tracked payments for vendors, recorded cash receipts, made bank deposits, prepared checks
· Approved petty cash withdrawals, managed disbursement accounts and performed entire cycle for funding requests
· Tracked and paid for large institutions expenses including utility bills and equipment purchases
· Supervised treasury operations and maintained controls and ensured availability of appropriate and necessary funding
· Assisted with budget preparation and collaborated with internal and external preliminary and final audits processes
2019 Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program and Tax Counseling for the Elderly at Prince George’s Community College in partnership with the Department of the Treasury, Internal Revenue Service. Community service to the taxpayers during filing tax season faced tax law changes and maneuvered new improvements to TaxSlayer system.
Strong attention to detail, ability to work in a fast paced environment, customer focus
Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), QuickBooks, SAGE 50, SAFI, ADP, Alert Pro System
In summary, I believe that I would serve as a strong candidate for your position of paralegal. It further highlights my education, achievements, and other qualifications. I look forward to hearing from on the following weeks.
Maria Gabriela Garcia
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.