Review the legalistic approach and problem-solving approach during the arbitration hearing process. Then, develop two approaches that an organiation could use to make the typical arbitration.
* Review good faith bargaining.
* Discuss the major advantages and major disadvantages of your approaches.
* Provide your rationale for each approach.
Legalistic approach is the approach of legally applying the law for the total enforcement of its violation. It is easily practice due to its clarity. This approach analyzes legal questions that are characterized by logical reasoning focusing on legal text such as constitution, legislation, or case law, and not on social, economic, or political context. It enforcement is strict in adherence to the law. Legalistic approach pay much attention on violation of law and relies on threats of arrest because it strictly enforces the criminal laws which focuses on resolving disputes through formal methods.
Problem-solving approach is the approach of defining a problem and determining the cause of the problem. It also identfies, prioritizes, and selects alternatives for a solution as well as implements a solution. Any organization that wishes to be successful, its leadership must guide their employees and develop problem-solving techniques. This approach has four steps namely: Define the problem, Generate alternative solution, Evaluate and select an alternative, and Implement and follow up on the solution.
Good Faith Bargaining is a kind of negotiation in which all parties want and try to achieve a reasonable agreement that will have a positive outcome. It is a good faith because both parties are communicating and negotiating, and the proposals are being matched with counterproposal and both parties making every effort to arrive at agreements. When bargaining is done in good faith, it promotes rational, informed discussion that leads to a fruitful result.
For our discussion, I will consider the legalistic approach and the problem-solving approach. As legalistic deals totally with the enforcement of the law, there are some advantages and disadvantages.
– If the rules on the book are fair, it could lead to encouraging society to become more harmonious.
– The application of the rules are straightforward and if they are not followed, there will be punishment.
– someone will runs into problems when life complexities requires additional rules. Example. Murder is prohibited but then there needs to be a different in establishing murder and self defence.
– If there be a different in establishing murder and self defence, they would either need to be included within the laws or write a new laws to fit them.
Problem-solving approach defines the problem, determines it cause, and identifies its solution.
– Increases number of solutions.
– Helps to increase team's potential.
– Reduces the possibility of bias.
– Increases competition.
– Time constraints.
– Unwillingness to participate.
Rationale for legalistic approach is to control crime, and remember that crime does not a universally agreed definition of what crime is. However, the better way you can think about crime is that crime is an act which is against the law and it is illegal. It is important to note that crime is a contested concept.
Rationale for problem-solving approach is to place focus on making sense of ideas because it develops power. Problem-solution approach provides tools that can be applied to solving hypothetical and real problems. It encourages one to believe in their ability to think better
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.