Genetic testing means test of the chromosomes. This test determines problems at the DNA level, which is also called the genetic level. Because the DNA is made before birth in the womb, and that has the person's genetic information. Genetic testing involves testing chromosomes, genes, and proteins (Hubbard and Lewontin, 1996).
As far as the genetic tests are concerned, they should be mandatory when a known genetic disorder or a parent is a carrier of a congenital disease. The genetic test should be allowed until it is voluntary. The tests are good because if they do not detect ant problem, they can provide relief. The existing laws promote genetic privacy and nondiscrimination. It is essential to let the family know about the possible genetic mutation in the newborn (Fulda and Lykens, 2006). But still, the choice of the test depends on the family.
The benefits of genetic testing are:
· It correlates genes to diseases
· It can help the families to make decisions about the lifestyle or treatment of the child.
· It can relieve the family if the results are negative.
The potential problems with genetic testing are:
· False positives or false negatives, which can stress out the parents and family.
· Ethical issues, whether to recommend the testing, and the social discrimination felt after the test.
· Twinning is possible until 14 to 15 days of the test.
If a genetic test is offered to me today, I will go for it. I will be curious to know about my genetic mutations and if I carry a congenital disease. It is helpful to know before you have kids with someone with the same gene and end up with a miserable life.
Fulda, K. G., & Lykens, K. (2006). Ethical issues in predictive genetic testing: a public health perspective. Journal of Medical Ethics, 32(3), 143-147.
Hubbard, R., & Lewontin, R. C. (1996). Pitfalls of genetic testing.
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.