Hello, this is a Medsurge case. It must be in APA format. And answer each question separately.
Case Study 2
Atrioventricular Conduction Block
Charles Doucette, who is 68 years old, retired from a middle management position in the automotiveindustry following an acute myocardial infarction. He was recovering in a local hospital, where the physicians closely monitored his ECG .
Mr. Doucette’s PR intervals were normal and his QRS complexes had a normal configuration.
However, occasional P-waves occurred that were not followed by QRS complexes (nonconducted P-waves). He fainted twice in the hospital. The physicians believed that the myocardial infarction caused a block in his AV conduction system called a Mobitz type II AV block. Since Mr. Doucette’s conduction block could become more severe, his physicians planned to treat him by implanting a pacemaker.
1. Describe and explain the physiology of the waves and intervals of the normal ECG.
2. What does the PR interval on the ECG represent? What units are used to express the PR interval? What is the normal value?
3. What does the term “conduction velocity” mean, as applied to myocardial tissue? What is the normal conduction velocity through the AV node? How does conduction velocity in the AV node compare with conduction velocity in other portions of the heart?
4. How does AV nodal conduction velocity correlate with PR interval? Since Mr. Doucette’s physicians believe he has a block in his AV conduction system, why are his PR intervals normal (rather than increased)?
5. What does the QRS complex on the ECG represent? What is implied in the information that the QRS complexes on Mr. Doucette’s ECG had a normal configuration?
6. How is it possible to have a P-wave that is not followed by a QRS complex, as seen on Mr. Doucette’s ECG? Propose a mechanism to explain the P-wave that is not followed by a QRS complex.
7. Why did Mr. Doucette faint?
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.