Wrapup 5 Fall 2021
Note that there are 3 quesions.
1. First, go back to the Study Plan for “Monopoly” and review the section on Monopoly and Antitrust Policy.
Then based on the following case study, what would you recommend as the best policy: should this merger be allowed? (note, you can find the actual government decision here.) . However, you do not need to agree with this decision. I would like you to think through, based on what we have studied, should this merger have been permitted/ Concepts you may want to use include:
The HHI index
Economies of scale
Your decision will include reference to the data for ice cream market shares. Note that data are available for the premium ice cream market (product with a high fat content) and the more inclusive all store-bought ice cream market. Also, note that common brand names for ice cream—Breyers, Ben&Jerry’s and Haagen-Daz—are manufactured by corporates with other names.
Choose from the following:
A) The merger should be permitted with no additional recommendations.
B) The merger should not be permitted at all.
C) The merger should be permitted with minor limitations (specify the limitations).
D) The merger should be permitted with major limitation (specify the limitations).
Nestle proposed to merge its U.S. ice cream business with Dreyers’ ice cream.
Current market shares are:
Premium (high fat) ice cream market
Unilever (makes Breyers and Ben&Jerry’s) 41%
Nestles (makes Haagen-Dazs) 37%
Total store-bought ice cream market
Blue Bell 6%
Other brands 45%
2. In the follow situation for a monopoly firm in the short run, what is the profit maximizing level of output. Please show your work and be as precise as possible.
Q P FC MC______________________________________
0 $number of letters in your first name
3. You are advising a friend who sells paintings on the sidewalk. What price should she put on all the paintings given the following information:
Price $100 Quantity demanded 1
Price $80 Quantity demanded 2
Price $60 Quantity demanded 3
Price $40 Quantity demanded 4
And the fixed cost for her business is $50, while it costs her $40 to paint each additional painting, how many paintings should she sell if she sells each painting for the same price and what will that price be? Please show your work.
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.