Task 2: Performance Management Plan
In today’s fast-paced business environment, one of the most important assets an organization has is its workforce. An organization’s sustainable competitive advantage is often based on its ability to not only attract high-quality talent but also continuously develop and improve the skills and knowledge base of the current employees. Human resource professionals continually seek ways to effectively establish and implement performance improvement plans that are effective, appropriate, and aligned to organizational goals. Such individuals ensure their employees have the most up-to-date skills, knowledge, and abilities needed to complete the organizational mission effectively. This is accomplished through employee training, talent management, and performance management plans. As a human resource professional, your ability to effectively plan and implement a performance management plan will directly contribute to your organization’s success.
You are the human resource manager of a midsize accounting firm. Mary Smith, a new accounting director within the firm, is concerned about how to coach an underperforming manager named John Miller, whom she oversees. A recent performance appraisal of John revealed that there were several areas that needed improvement. Mary is unsure of her next steps with John, and she has asked you to create a three-month performance management plan for him.
Your submission must be your original work. No more than a combined total of 30% of the submission and no more than a 10% match to any one individual source can be directly quoted or closely paraphrased from sources, even if cited correctly. An originality report is provided when you submit your task that can be used as a guide.
You must use the rubric to direct the creation of your submission because it provides detailed criteria that will be used to evaluate your work. Each requirement below may be evaluated by more than one rubric aspect. The rubric aspect titles may contain hyperlinks to relevant portions of the course.
Tasks may not be submitted as cloud links, such as links to Google Docs, Google Slides, OneDrive, etc., unless specified in the task requirements. All other submissions must be file types that are uploaded and submitted as attachments (e.g., .docx, .pdf, .ppt).
A. Discuss the importance of setting performance expectations by doing the following:
1. Explain why it is beneficial for managers to set performance expectations with employees, including benefits for both managers and employees.
2. Describe the process that managers should follow when setting performance expectations with employees.
B. Develop a performance management plan for John by doing the following:
1. Describe two areas in which John can improve by comparing the criteria in the attached “Accounts Payable Manager Job Description” to the information in the attached “Performance Appraisal.”
2. Describe the steps John needs to take to improve in each area identified in part B1.
3. Describe how John’s progress will be evaluated for each step identified in part B2.
4. Describe specific outcomes that will demonstrate John’s success in each area of improvement identified in part B1.
5. Describe a consequence John would face for noncompliance in each of the steps identified for improvement in part B2.
6. Describe the final meeting that would take place between you, John, and Mary at the conclusion of the three-month performance management plan. Include the following discussion topics:
• how to acknowledge progress made during the performance management plan
• how to conclude the performance management plan, including next steps
C. Acknowledge sources, using in-text citations and references, for content that is quoted, paraphrased, or summarized.
D. Demonstrate professional communication in the content and presentation of your submission.
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.