Topic: Benchmark – Dual Relationships Case Study
Research Psychologist A has been conducting a study with human subjects for nearly a year. As a result, A has come to know Participant M quite well. The study is taking longer than expected, and some of the participants are leaving the study. Because of the nature of the working relationship with the participants, Research Psychologist A and Participant M have become interested in an intimate relationship. Since neither one wants to jeopardize the progress of the study, they agree to retain only a professional relationship for the duration of the study, and then to pursue an intimate relationship once the study is completed and the results have been published.
In this assignment, you will address the ethical issues of this case and will present options for resolving the ethical conflict. You will be required to consider individual perceptions as well as the needs, potential, and motivation of the involved parties when positing your resolution.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
Write a paper (1,750-2,000 words) in which you do the following:
1. Decoding the Ethics Code: A Practical Guide for Psychologists: Chapters 6, 8, and 13. URL: http://gcumedia.com/digital-resources/sage/2016/decoding-the-ethics-code_a-practical-guide-for-psychologists_ebook_4e.php
2. The Dual Relationship – The Neophyte Dilemma
a. Howells, K. (2014). The dual relationship – The Neophyte dilemma. Sport & Exercise Psychology Review, 10(3), 87-90.
3. Ethical Principles of Psychologists and Code of Conduct: Including 2010 Amendments
a. Standard 1,” “Standard 3,” “Standard 5,” “Standard 8,” and “Standard 10.”
b. American Psychological Association. (2010). Ethical principles of psychologists and code of conduct: Including 2010 amendments. Washington, DC: Author. URL: http://www.apa.org/ethics/code/index.aspx#
4. Dual Relationships, Multiple Relationships, & Boundary Decisions
a. Pope, K. S. (n.d.). Dual relationships, multiple relationships, & boundary decisions. URL: https://kspope.com/dual/index.php
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.