A code of ethics may be defined as a written document providing a practical moral framework for moral decision making. Successful organizations have strong codes of ethics. For this week’s assignment, you will create an organizational code of ethics appropriate to your Course Project topic. For example, if your Course Project is focused on cryptocurrency, you might create a code of ethics appropriate to a cryptocurrency mining company. If your topic is electronic stock trading, you might create a code of ethics for an electronic trading platform.
To help you to write an effective code of ethics, please review Chapter 9 Professional Ethics and carefully read pages 264–269, which provides the full text of the Software Engineering Code of Ethics as well an in-depth analysis. Your code of ethics will be shorter than the Software Engineering Code of Ethics, but it will follow the same structure.
· Preamble: This is a one-paragraph explanation of the purpose of the code. Make it clear to the reader what type of organization you are.
· Guiding Principles: At least six, and no more than eight, fundamental precepts that your organization will follow should be included.
· Applications: For each guiding principle, provide at least three examples of what a member of your organization should do or should not do to abide by those guiding principles.
Elements of a Desired Response
· Length: Approximately two pages (600 words)
· Structure: Includes preamble, guiding principles, and applications for each principle
· Content: Shows knowledge of workable ethical theories, such as Kantianism; utilitarianism; social contract theory; justice theory; and virtue ethics; and shows appreciation for the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
The following are links to the codes of ethics of a number of famous organizations. Reading them may help you as you create your own unique code.
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.